Saturday, June 09, 2007

Keep the Jails Available for The Real Criminals

Ever since I spent that drizzly morning trying to get on camera outside of the windows of the Today Show on a trip to New York about a year ago, I have been enchanted. She drove by in a SUV Limosine and there was no mistaking her smooth skin, long neck, and Coulteresque hair. It was Paris Hilton, heir to the fortune of the great American entrepeneur, philanthropist, and capitalist Conrad Hilton.

I felt like I was seeing royalty. Let me tell you, that car was the cleanest car I have ever seen!

That very same day, a little bit later, a waitress who was crying, clumsily, spilled a glass of water on my fries and did not say she was sorry when she replaced them. She said something in a foreign language--Puerto Rican or Mexican, maybe.

I think the moral of my story is clear: Let's keep the room in the prisons for the people who are really breaking the law, the illegal immigrants.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. It's like making the queen of England eat tacos standing in the middle of the diesel fumes of Fairfax Boulevard!

Troy Standler

Anonymous said...

I had an illegal worker do my hardwood floors and when they buckled two years later in the spot under the potted succulents, I went to find the guy and he wasn't even THERE at the home despot. So getting water on your french fries is really not even a problem. Also, porto ricans speak portoguese, duh!

Porcupinetaxi said...

I am just wondering to the anonymous comment above. Did you refuse to leave your name because you have a spanish surname?

And about the hardwood floors: The only floors that guy probably knows how to put in are dirt floors. LOL.