Friday, October 26, 2007

How Are Things in California?...Smokin'!

I tell you, living in such a bleeding heart liberal state really sticks in my craw sometimes. Get this: Smoke is everywhere, there is so much ash in the air that everyone looks like either Jed Clampett or Grandma Moses. I can barely see, through the smoke in the mini-mart, whether I am reaching for a Coke or a Pepsi!

Well, just as I am about to grab my Coke, this guy with a turban asks me to "Please extinguish" my cigarette. First of all, Americans don't use words like extinguish. Second of all, that turban on his head made him look like Osama Bin Laden's camel groomer.

I told him that it didn't make any sense for me to put out my cigarette, since everyone was breathing so much smoke anyway. Imagine that guy, traveling halfway around the world to bother me and infringe on my rights!

Although nobody else in the store said anything, I noticed that they sympathized with me. I lit another cigarette with the first one and paid for my soda pop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should smoke a joint once in a while. Then you will have some really good friends.

-Steve, the poet

Porcupinetaxi said...

Steve,

I was just like you before I got saved. Someday you may be a crazy, but well-respected conservative values blogger just like me! :-)